Friday 6 April 2012

Blogging - A Realisation

Hello everyone, 


I'm back. Did you miss me? 


Since taken a break from blogging I've realised a lot about what blogging is about. I've had a lot more time to think about my blog and the blogs of others. 
Source






I've thought about why we blog. More specifically, why I blog. I think we all dream of being a role model, of being an immaculate being. A blog is a place where we share the good in our life, we never reveal our flaws. We try to come across as perfect. 


People love Gala Darling because she seems absolutely perfect. She loves herself, she's thin, she's pretty and she has an award winning blog. 


When we blog we almost create a character for ourselves. A perfect character who overuses some words and has some sort of trademark. It's only human to want to be perfect and want to be looked up to. 


In a way, blogs are wildly honest but wildly dishonest at the same time. People share their best outfits but not their worst ones. They share their best dishes but not their worst. Due to this, people and their blogs can come across as immensely vain and quite materialistic. I feel my blog is starting to slip into that category. 


So, of today my blog's image has slightly changed. As well as being a place where I share materialistic things and ideas I also want it to be a place where I can share intellect with my readers. I want it to cover more areas of life. 


Hope you have enjoyed your week 
Xoxoxoxo
Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thank you for commenting. I absolutely love receiving comments it always makes my day. Please nothing rude or hurtful. Thank you and have a lovely day.
Isabella xx